• Goal: Create a sound financial structure for Elephant
Strategy: Maintain a professional, independent board to oversee planned
programs for funding via in-house projects, donations (public and private), foundations, grants,
and collaborations with affiliated organizations.
• Goal: Support direct healthcare for elephants.
Strategy: Organize professional teams to meet technical healthcare needs
in the U.S. and abroad; provide in-situ veterinarians with technical
advice, supplies, and equipment; and initiate a small hassle-free grants
program ($250 - $1,000) for specific needs.
• Goal: Further our global collective knowledge of elephant diseases.
Strategy: Conduct research and field work on diseases of captive and
• Goal: Facilitate cooperation, collaboration, and communication among
Strategy: Continually expand this website (Elephant Bibliographic
Database, Elephant Formulary, protocols, manuals, and proceedings…) as the premier resource for elephant
healthcare information; solicit and encourage range-country participation;
and promote information-sharing.
• Goal: Implement community-based solutions for human-elephant conflict.
Strategy: Team with local villagers, government agencies, NGOs, and other entities to
protect villagers and develop alternative income sources compatible with
preserving elephant habitat.
• Goal: Inspire greater awareness of broader conservation issues.
Strategy: Utilize the popularity of the elephant to inspire an
awareness of conservation issues (and a call to action).